Monday 22 October 2012

Learn to Love me by Sinead MacDughlas

Despite her secret past, Emily O’Shea was finally living a normal life. There had been some arguments with her husband,Trevor, lately, but no marriage is perfect. At least the column she writes for  the local paper is going well…that is, until one of her interviewees goes missing, and a monster from her past resurfaces.

Within a week Emily’s life spins into chaos. Missing girls, a telephone stalker, murder, a monster, and an intense ex-lover; it’s turning out to be one hell of a summer!

Her husband is acting erratically, her boss is threatening to pull her column,and the police suspect she’s the muse for a murderer. Can Emily save her marriage, her job, her life and her sanity? More importantly, are her darkest fears justified? Does Emily already know who the killer is and, if she does, can she do anything to stop them?

This book was very well written, the characters are so well done you can’t help but fall in love with some, and hate others. For me……..I loved it. I wasn’t overly pleased with the ending…….lol But I understood the reasoning and had it been me the result would have been the same.
It is definitely the type of story that WILL make you stop and think in some parts. Trying to figure it out, wondering about characters actions or reactions, but believe me you will be wrong in some spots lol. While you may think you know the answers, you will soon find out otherwise lol

Me personally, I could not help but get emotionally attached to a few characters. They were just so real to me, so familiar, that I hurt when they hurt, and I felt what they felt. It was just so easy to picture the book as a movie and see it play out as I read it. There was not a single moment when I was even the slightest bit tired and wanted to stop.
This book is worth the money and time. Take my advice, get the book and give it a read, you will NOT regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment